We are Delfont Mackintosh Theatres Ltd. of 1 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3RB.
What information do we hold?
The information we hold on you and how we use it will vary depending on the nature of your relationship with us.
We will collect, process and store personal information about you. This personal information will include:
- the information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, including information provided at the time of registering to use our site, purchasing tickets online, filling in our mailing list and hospitality and groups / education online forms (including name, addres and contact details);
- details of your visits to our site, including records of transactions carried out on the site and the fulfilment of the booking;
- if you contact us, records of that correspondence; and
- information about the frequency of visits to our websites, the pages you have visited and the length of time spent on our websites
All of the information described above comes directly from you.
How and why do we use your personal information?
We process your personal information so that we can perform our everyday functions.
We only use this information for the purpose of legitimate interests being pursued by us in relation to the services or products that we provide. For example, we will use your information: to contact you to discuss our services and products (and any changes to them); to respond to any questions or concerns you have raised; to deal with administrative matters such as invoicing and renewal; and to otherwise carry out our obligations arising under a contract and to enforce the same.
In particular, we use your information:
- Where we have obtained your consent (and before any withdrawal of your consent – see below). Including to provide you with information on products or events and other information we think you might like.
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you. Including to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- confirm your booking for a production, and to send you communications in connection with your transaction and the show you attend; and
- send you emails about your account or a ticket purchase.
- In line with our legitimate business interests to:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- send you emails to ask you if you would like to provide feedback on a show you attended;
- conduct market research and analysis to better understand trends and patterns in ticket sales, to improve our services, and to inform future marketing activities;
- prevent fraud; and
- ensure compliance with our rules and procedures.
We will not use your information for any other purposes unless we are required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Where we have relied on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you may contact us to obtain more information, including in relation to our assessment of the impact on you.
Who do we share your information with?
Your information will be shared internally amongst our staff but they will only use it to carry out their duties in line with the purposes set out above. We will need to share your personal information with others from time to time, including to:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- our professional advisers, such as our accounting, legal advisers where they require that information in order to provide advice to us;
- any regulatory authority in accordance with our legal obligations;
- if another entity acquires us or our assets, your information may be disclosed to that entity as part of the due diligence process and, if the acquisition goes ahead, your information will be transferred to that entity;
- our group’s service providers for the provision of specific business operations (such as IT service providers and mailing houses), but only if we have a written agreement in place with such providers protecting your information;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our organisation, our customers or others; and
- to successors in title or replacement operators of all or part of our organisation, subject to the data being used for the same purposes as originally specified.
We will occasionally share limited personal information (such as your postcode) and anonymised sales data with third party audience insight agencies who will help us to analyse the demographics of people buying our tickets. This helps us to better understand trends and patterns in ticket sales, improve our services and inform marketing activities (e.g. by ensuring more targeted marketing strategies going forwards). We instruct these third parties not to combine postcode information with any other details that could identify an individual.
When making a booking online, you will be asked if you wish to be sent information about other productions in our theatres. You will also be asked if you wish to receive information from other carefully selected Arts / Cultural third party organisations. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from Delfont Mackintosh, our group or from third party organisations, please ensure you do not tick the opt in option.
We never disclose information to third party advertisers without your consent. Delfont Mackintosh are not responsible for the content or data protection / privacy policies of third party websites connected to our site.
Where is your information stored?
Your information is stored on servers located within the EEA.
How long will we keep your information?
We retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once it is no longer needed.
You have the following rights regarding your information:
Right to object to processing
In addition to the above rights, you also have the right to object to certain types of processing, in certain circumstances. In particular, the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests grounds (including processing for direct marketing).
We are constantly looking for new ways to improve this website, and we may update it at any time.
Contacting us and making a compliant
Address: 1 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3RB
Calls to Delfont Mackintosh Theatres 0844 numbers cost 7 pence per minute plus your phone company's access charge.
If you are calling from overseas, please use the following:
If you are not satisfied with our response or you believe our use of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the UK regulator in relation to data privacy, being the Information Commissioner. See www.ico.org.uk for more information.